Wednesday, September 2, 2009

American Icons


The first person who I call my icon, is Ellen DeGeneres.
I believe she represents me because she is a successful woman, which I hope to be one day. She is also openly gay, and totally fine with it. She is strong and forward about it, and she wont let anyone get her down about it. She is funny and I like to think I am funny, and I help lighten the mood in tense situations. 
She is my icon because I want to strive to be like her. I want to be strong and successful. I want to not let peoples remarks about being gay get me down. I want to be better then that. And with her as my icon I believe I will be able to be who I want to be, without worrying.
She started out working her way through stand-up comedy. As she moved up the ladder she began to show her face on T.V. in different shows like Open House. Then her comical material was the spotlight in the sitcom, Ellen. Without boring you with every single thing she has done, or been in; the one most-known show she is recognized with is her television show The Ellen DeGeneres Show. 
Overall she is one of my most favorite American Icons.



My next icon is Angelina Jolie. And no, not because she is gorgeous and has amazing lips. Not because of her a**kicking power in Laura Croft, Tomb Raider. 
I chose to use her because of the knowledge, and experience she has with humanitarian work. Her iconship comes to color with me because of what she has done for other third-world countries. Originally she became personally aware of issues when  she traveled to Cambodia to film Tomb Raider. She then turned to UNHCR to really make a difference. In the following months she visited many different places so that she could help out and make a difference.
 That was basically how she became an icon to me. I love helping out those who are in need. I personally know that if I was in the position of Angelina Jolie, and if I had the money she does, I would do everything in my power to help out other countries, and do my best to make them happy, make them smile and forget the infinite issues they have every day.
She makes me want to help when I become older. Right now all I can really do is help out at shelters or with animals. I hope that when I become older, I will have more resources and I will really be able to help out. She inspires me.



My last icon is Adam Lambert. You probably know him from being the crazy gay rocker on American Idol with those super good vocals, even though he came in second.
Why I choose him you ask? Well, not because he can sing. But because he followed his passion. By doing something he loves, he became the huuuuuge star he is today. Thats one reason. Because he tried so hard to do what he loves. He stuck with it, and it payed off...big time!
America definitely got to know Adam through American Idol, where his vocals rocked the show all season long, up to the season finale where he lost to Kris Allen, another excellent singer.
To me, he represents strength and passion. He does what he loves, and he didnt let the struggle to get to the top let him down. He kept pushing and pushing, and finally it payed off for him. I want to be like him in the fact that I want to do what I love, and I wont let someone tell me no for an answer. He inspires me to try my best all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment