Monday, November 16, 2009

MSB Optional Assignment

I chose to look at Evan Lotts article from last year:

"...Water quality is one of the most important issues that we should take care of, why? Because it affects everything. If San Diego has dirty beaches, that can lead to a vast variety of problems with wildlife and humans. If the water is too toxic, then the fish will die off, and that just starts a chain reaction of issues with wildlife in the ocean such as loss of population. And if the water is too polluted for humans

then that can lead to illnesses such as throat, and ear infections. So water quality is an ever evolving issue that we must get under control now, before our beaches are too toxic to swim in..."


(http://students.hthma.hightechhigh.org/~elott/11th%20Grade/Humanities/water%20project%20indesign%20FINAL.pdf)


I believe his piece of writing is professional for a couple of reasons. First, he went through a ton of drafts to get his final project. Its also related to my topic of pollution and trash on the beach. I think I could use his style of writing to even start off with a question because it intrigues the readers to want to know more. I can also go the route he did throughout his writing, even though he had an article and I'm doing an art piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment